The Future of High-quality Voice
Along with making HD voice a reality, voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) provides a framework for a complex mix of video, messaging, and rich communications services (RCS). VoLTE promises the toll-grade quality you need to safeguard existing revenues while helping to fast-track compelling new services and more flexible business models.
But not without some challenges. VoLTE ranks among the most complex technologies mobile operators will ever deploy, and in today's fiercely competitive markets, the pressure’s on to get it right the first time. Evolving challenges include:
- Optimizing a multi-vendor network infrastructure
- Meeting high expectations for quality amidst increased subscriber mobility and network congestion
- Maintaining performance at the cell edge
- Leveraging the QoS and policy control mechanisms built into LTE
With so many variables in play, you can no longer risk relying on vendor data in predicting performance. Instead, service and equipment providers alike must qualify the functionality, resiliency, and scalability in their labs as they deploy and optimize new VoLTE services.
The Ixia Solution
Devices and configurations must be subjected to realistic, high-stress conditions and a wide mix of voice, video, and data applications. Ixia replicates the complexities of your wireless network to evaluate the subscriber experience in the face of mobility, system overload, and even device failure on a large-city scale.
IxLoad Wireless delivers:
- Comprehensive protocol support (SIP, RTP, AMR-WB, H.264, etc.) for voice and conversational video
- Complete control over the SIP state machine and SIP methods
- Support for major VoLTE test configurations: isolated EPC, combined EPC and IMS core, end-to-end system test, and more
Ixia addresses the complex challenges operators face in rolling out high-quality, differentiated VoLTE services. The solution delivers:
- Subscriber modeling
- Simulation of live-network environments
- Unmatched scalability
- Proven methodologies for validating device and application performance
- End-to-end testing of entire LTE networks, including isolating individual devices and subsystems like the RAN, EPC, and IMS core
- Proven, gold-standard VoIP test solution
- Unmatched ease-of-use, automation, and reliability