Ensuring the Core Scales
LTE traffic volumes continue to surge with subscriber numbers, smartphone usage, and rich-media applications all on the rise. Mobile operators can maximize revenue potential by fast-tracking new, differentiated services such as VoLTE based on guaranteed quality – if they can scale reliably.
Network operators and equipment manufacturers alike face formidable new challenges:
- Optimizing diversified LTE infrastructures featuring equipment, systems, and applications from multiple vendors
- Withstanding spikes in already-hard-to-predict signaling traffic (smartphones generate up to 20x more) that can lead to outages
- Combining GTP, SIP, and Diameter-based signaling
- Maintaining policy management, mobility, monetization, and Quality of Service (QoS) at high scale
Since failures typically occur at high scale or under extreme conditions, EPC network cores and charging systems must be subjected to realistic, high-stress scenarios to validate QoS policies, monetization, and the quality of the subscriber experience (QoE).
The Ixia Solution
With no room to rely on “best case” performance data, Ixia solutions qualify the functionality, resiliency, and performance of the evolved packet core (EPC) in your own lab—before you deploy, and as networks evolve into the future. Our IxLoad Wireless and IxCatapult applications deliver repeatable, large-scale EPC and signaling testing virtually impossible to create by any other means.
- Emulates, isolates, and validates key components: MMEs, S/PGWs, servers, charging systems, Diameter Routing Agents (DRAs), eNodeBs
- Models behavior of hundreds of thousands of subscribers
- Emulates real-world traffic and live-network conditions
- Generates millions of subscriber sessions to simulate high-scale conditions where failures occur
- Validates Wi-Fi Offload network including Wi-Fi offload gateways (WAGs) and other new devices
Industry-best Diameter Testing
IxLoad combines pure IMS testing and Diameter server emulation leveraging dsTest® from Developing Solutions to measure packet routing performance, load balancing, failover performance, network congestion control, and proxy/relay services. Highlights include:
- SmartAVP™ enabling users to add, remove, or configure mandatory and custom AVPs
- Support for multiple 3GPP releases
- SmartEvents™ enabling state machine configuration