Big Data Monitorng
Robust Monitoring to Meet Big Data Challenges
Unstructured data accounts for as much as 80 percent of most companies' total data volume. This “Big Data” has customarily taken too long and cost too much to process and analyze. Now, however, emerging Big Data initiatives stand to transform these vast, untapped resources from a costly storage challenge into vital business intelligence for marketing, product development, stock trading, genetic research, and more.
Big Data promises quantum gains in productivity and competitive advantage. These gains are achieved by distributing the massive task of preparing data for analysis among large numbers of servers. To make it all work, IT departments need greater visibility into networks and applications in order to prioritize, filter, and synthesize information. Predictably, monitoring the performance of the network, applications, and security becomes more challenging as Big Data projects scale.
Ixia's network visibility solutions deliver the actionable insight needed to harness the power of Big Data, while reducing the effort required. With the monitoring of applications, networks, and security growing in both importance and complexity, Ixia’s network monitoring switches introduce vital intelligence between data center production networks and monitoring tools, while performing the sophisticated filtering, aggregation, and load balancing needed to keep pace with the challenges of rising data volumes.
Based on industry-acclaimed innovation, Ixia’s Big Data solutions:
- Enable connection of numerous monitoring tools to high-capacity networks for improved visibility into the performance of highly distributed applications
- Decouple and optimize the flow of data between network monitoring points and monitoring tools, enabling data to be shared, filtered, de-duplicated and directed more efficiently
- Aggregate and filter data from across the network to assure each monitoring solution receives the exact data it needs
- Introduce drag-and-drop control panel for ease of management and configuration
- Feature automation that facilitates processing of massive quantities of data unattended
Now Ixia delivers the robust visibility that makes Big Data initiatives cost-effective and manageable. Our sophisticated switching capabilities enable efficient, intelligent monitoring of network and application performance, helping to optimize security, scalability, and compliance.